Need Help With Price

Decorating By SweetDelights2613 Updated 24 Jun 2013 , 12:40pm by SweetDelights2613

SweetDelights2613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelights2613 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 4

Hi CC Family,

I was asked to make something similar with 46-50 cupcakes. I don't know if I should just price cupcake price or I should charge as Bridal shower dress cupcake cake? Since this is my 1st time I don't want over or under charge the client. Can anyone guide me how you'll have been pricing such kind of requests.

Thanks in advance

3 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 4

What do you usually charge for cupcakes?  Simple white cake with White Chocolate buttercream frosting are $2.00 ea for me.  I personally would ask for another $25.00 for labor to form the dress.  Just me.

mpatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpatko Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 4

Either that, or you could increase the price per cupcake due to the more detailed design. I price mine starting at $2 each for basic cupcakes but it goes up from there for elaborate design. I'd also charge extra for the cost of the beads/decorations. Take into account your extra labor, as well.

SweetDelights2613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDelights2613 Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both for quick reply. I will remember this for future request. I had to say no to the client because i got the Flue :(

Thanks once again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%