Canon Pixma Ip3600. Is It Worth It???

Decorating By cakeymom Updated 19 Jun 2013 , 7:17pm by auntginn

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 5

A bakery is selling their printer loaded with food sake ink, 100 wafers sheets and states that it has only been used once for 125.00(they were asking 175).

Is this investment worth it??  And are there any questions other than seeing it plugged in and working that I should ask???

I would like to use it to start doing cookies in the favor area like for weddings, and such.

Cakeymom

4 replies
cjCustmCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjCustmCreation Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 5

That is about what I paid for mine new, with barely filled cartridges. If you let people know you have the capability of printing edible images for them, even really amateur bakers will be interested. I've had mine for 3 months and almost made back half the price of the printer selling wafer sheets with images to other bakers. AND used it for my own creations. 

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 5

That is the printer I have and I love it! Good value for what you are getting.

Carrie789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carrie789 Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 5

I would be a little wary of why a bakery would make that kind of investment, use it only once, then decide to sell it.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 5

Are they wafer sheets or frosting sheets.  I would ask them to run 3 of your pics.  Choose 3 different ones, From a simple image to a high density (lots of color) have them load it with plain paper so as not to use of the wafer paper.

Wafer paper is cheap, but frosting sheets are on the higher end, so 100 frosting sheets is going to run more than $100.00 alone.

Great find if it is in good working order.  Ask if it is still under warranty 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%