Cake Help

Decorating By webby2013 Updated 18 Jun 2013 , 9:19pm by webby2013

webby2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webby2013 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 4

hi ppl i need your help.

i have got to do a cake for my wifes freinds hubby she wants a cake with a tractor on the top of it

i thought of doing this the tractor will be different and there will be other decoratios on it. i just need to know if you have any ideas on how to do the hay bail pattern ?? any help would be great thanx

3 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 8:31pm
post #2 of 4

The hay bale looks like light brown fondant with little random lines marked in it with a knife.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 4

I agree. It looks like a golden brown color with carvings in it. Then the painted something in the cracks. You can see it dripping down the side. You could see if there are an mats with a similar pattern in them.

webby2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webby2013 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 4

AYeah thought it was most prob flat fondant marked out and painted thanx for the help. Going making my fondant a light brown and do random lines around the side and stickle the top some how lol and then get a sponge and maybe dab abit of a darker brown to create the shadowing look may look if there's a mat for this style first will make it easier if there is lol Will post a pic on how it turns out when I've done it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%