Cookie Packaging Ideas Needed

Baking By th97 Updated 18 Jun 2013 , 3:41am by Sassyzan

th97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
th97 Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 5

Hi All,

I'm thinking about baking some sugar cookies for a friends 5 year old whose birthday is coming up and since I'm relatively new to it I was just going to start with some simple letter cookies spelling out her name decorated in white and pink royal icing.

I'm racking my brains however trying to think of a nice way to package the cookies so that they are displayed nicely spelling out her entire name (ie flat alongside each other).  Any thoughts?  I have some cookie treat bags but they're only really big enough for 1 or 2 cookies.  What would be perfect would be a bag about 20cm long to fit all cookies but I haven't seen anything anywhere!

I'm assuming I'll have to make my own custom shape box too.  Or is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 2:11am
post #2 of 5

You could attach the cookies to lollip sticks using candy melts and then put them in styrofoam to display her name...a cookie bouquet of sorts...I think that would look cool!

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 2:22am
post #3 of 5

I agree with the cupcake bouquet idea. You could do it in a vase, on Styrofoam wrapped in fondant, the possibilities are endless. http://www.creativegiftpackaging.com/Cellophane_Bags_Gift_Size_Cello_s/19.htm here is a link to some Cello bags. They have some in the length you want and bigger. What shape of box are you looking for?

th97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
th97 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 2:45am
post #4 of 5

Thank you both you've given me some great ideas to think about.  And that site has prompted me to look for a similar site here in Oz.

Thanks again!

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 3:41am
post #5 of 5

AHere is a great tutorial for a name cookie bouquet.

By Montreal Confections --she does the best cookie videos!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%