Oops! Can I Save Batter??

Baking By ViaThorn Updated 17 Jun 2013 , 10:55am by ViaThorn

ViaThorn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ViaThorn Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 5

I am making cupcakes for my sisters wedding this weekend. I have been making them a head of time and freezing them since her wedding in a 3 hour drive and I did not want to bake 200 cupcakes the day before our trip.

Today however I was making a batch, and after I got the batter ready I went to line the cupcake pans and I am out of liners! I have some, but they are not the right colors so I can not use them. We are going to the store later and I can pick some up there, but will my cake batter make it a few hours? I have never had this problem before so I have no experience with letting cake batter sit.

Please help! I do not want to have wasted all of that batter!

Thanks.

Via

4 replies
Sweettreatmissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweettreatmissy Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 12:19am
post #2 of 5

Yes you can stick it in the fridge.. Just take it out like 15 min before you are going to start baking to let it warm up a little. Batter bakes different when it is is really cold verses room temp. I often make up batter ahead of time when I have lots of orders that way everything is made and all I have to do is bake. Good Luck.

hair2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hair2014 Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 8:32am
post #3 of 5

Fresh air and sweet, summer is cool and refreshing, fluffy degree can according to your own 

like things so, so an informal woman, let a hair to float up.micro hair extenstions

Friends say good looking, it is youth, beautiful, also not hair loss.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 9:42am
post #4 of 5

I often have left over batter. I have frozen it for up to 2 weeks in a ziplock bag. Then just defrost in fridge and it works fine. I have also just put batter filled pans in the fridge to bake the next day. I take them right from the fridge to the oven and the result is a perfectly level cake.

You may leave your batter in the fridge and not worry about a thing.

ViaThorn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ViaThorn Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 10:55am
post #5 of 5

AThanks...I am not sure what went wrong then but my batter did not make it. My cupcakes did not rise and even were over cooked on the bottom...maybe is it the type cupcake it was? Either way the color was wrong so all is well...I shall just chalk this one up to experience!

Thanks again. Via

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%