Website Advice

Business By BatterUpCake Updated 26 Jun 2013 , 11:15am by SystemMod2

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 8:47pm
post #121 of 134

AAnd if you read my FB from around Mothers Day you would see that I did. I found 1 photo so far...

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 8:52pm
post #122 of 134

http://www.norfolkbatterupcake.com/gallery.html

Where is it then?? Stop it already! Just stop. And there are no bouquets on your page either.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 8:55pm
post #123 of 134

A

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

And if you read my FB from around Mothers Day you would see that I did. I found 1 photo so far...

The issue is not that you've made them before, it's that you've posted a picture of a product someone else made under your bakery's gallery. If you remove that picture and put up a picture of the cupcake bouquet you made, you should be OK (for that picture at least).

jason_kraft Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 8:57pm
post #124 of 134

A

The picture of the cupcake bouquet she made is on her FB page (accessible only by clicking the tiny FB icon on her web site, not clicking the "Follow me on Facebook" message), the web site just has the stolen bouquet picture.

EDIT: OP has just removed the stolen picture from the web site and replaced it with her own picture.

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:01pm
post #125 of 134

No they actually both had the stolen picture because I made sure to check both her facebook page and her website to make sure and since my last post she has just replaced the picture on both her facebook page and her website. 

jason_kraft Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:02pm
post #126 of 134

ABTW I just noticed that the title photo in your gallery is of a smash cake that has been destroyed by a disembodied hand, this may not be the best picture to lead with.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:10pm
post #127 of 134

A

Original message sent by reginaherrin

I just don't think anyone should ever use someone else's work on their site.  Even if you do credit the original person, most people will still think it yours because most people just don't take the time to actually read most of the information. 

BatterUpCake Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:15pm
post #128 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

The picture of the cupcake bouquet she made is on her FB page (accessible only by clicking the tiny FB icon on her web site, not clicking the "Follow me on Facebook" message), the web site just has the stolen bouquet picture.

EDIT: OP has just removed the stolen picture from the web site and replaced it with her own picture.

The picture was not "stolen" When I removed all of the other pictures why would I not remove this ONE??? It was an honest mistake and thought it was mine because I did my large ones in wicker basket. Jason, I appreciate you not being belittling and nasty. I am NOT a LIAR!!! I made mistakes and I fixed them when they were pointed out. I missed ONE photo.

BatterUpCake Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:16pm
post #129 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

http://www.norfolkbatterupcake.com/gallery.html

Where is it then?? Stop it already! Just stop. And there are no bouquets on your page either.

I did not say there were bouquets on there. There was a post about one that I delivered....

jason_kraft Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 9:40pm
post #130 of 134

A

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

The picture was not "stolen" When I removed all of the other pictures why would I not remove this ONE??? It was an honest mistake and thought it was mine because I did my large ones in wicker basket.

There's no need to defend yourself to us, the important thing is that the infringing picture was removed.

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 2:50am
post #131 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

AZ not going to argue with you but you can read Stitches post and make of it what you will, not to mention that someone contacted the studio right after he posted that.

Jason luckily I do have it in writing via FB messages. I have personally never met this woman. She is a close friend of a co worker. He insists the baby's name is Addy and he has met her on several occasions as Mikki is her aunt. No matter what the case she claimed it was her baby...crazy.

After you got that previous thread deleted for calling me names, of course I checked up on you. Your not someone that's trust worthy, in my opinion.

BatterUpCakes you came up with this wild story line I've quoted above. Here's the thing, you didn't make that cake, you don't know the baby or the baby's Mother, you never met the photographer. AND your old enough (retiring from one career) to know better all on your own! You keep posting comments about "how when you knew better you did better", that's so lame at your age. 

Why is any of this even a topic? You've acted exactly as you've acted previously. Everyone told you it isn't cool to post other peoples cakes implying they are yours, yet you keep doing so. When you brought up this topic on this thread you avoided mentioning that it wasn't your cake in that photograph.........why even create that story.........what a goofy diversion tactic.

You tried to embarrass me over your stolen photograph, I'm not embarrassed I'm proud. I'm a big girl and I do the right things in life. I don't need someone to tell me I need to do better before I act. Instead when I see something wrong I take action myself to help others!!

Which is why I've tried to help others, both on this thread and the one that got deleted.......... that you are not to be trusted. I'll will check your sites in the future just to make sure you haven't stolen any of my work.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 2:55am
post #132 of 134

A*like*

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 4:14am
post #133 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

*like*

I have to agree. I did my best to help too, and even defended her on a couple of points, but the snark, defensiveness, and excuses just keep on coming. I know it feels like people can be ganging up on you, but no one went out and tracked you down to come on here and start the conversations that you did. You did that, you asked for advice, you got it, and really for the most part unless people were high fiving you, you weren't very receptive to the opinions and advice. I said it before, no one is being mean or trying to bash your business. They're trying to help you avoid mistakes now, before you get in too deep and have a huge crater to dig out of. 

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 11:15am
post #134 of 134

AThanks everyone, I think this topic has run its course.

In the interest of keeping our forum topics informative and free from personal attacks, this thread is now locked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%