Mickey Mouse Cake

Decorating By webby2013 Updated 15 Jun 2013 , 10:04pm by Lovelyladylibra

webby2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webby2013 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 10

what do you think of this ? i did this for my sons 3rd birthday it was my 1st attemp at a round 2 tier cake and my second attemp at a main birthday cake all went well but the only problems i had is my sponge went sticky and dont know why ? (was thinkin it might just be the warm wheather we have been havin) not sure though and getting my fondant red and black (red went pink when i added red colour paste icon_eek.gif and black went grey when i added black colour paste icon_eek.gif ) so i had to buy already coloured fondant which i dont like doing lol.

and these cupcakes i did

9 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 10

I love the cake! Did you make the hand and foot? I am guessing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? My nephew was in love with that show when he was younger. Have you tried making the black fondant chocolate first? It helps get a truer black. I usually use my airbrush for red and black when I have areas as big as that to cover with those colors. 

webby2013 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 5:03am
post #3 of 10

AYeah its all hand made the glove and foot where abit of a pain but got there eventually and my son loves it to I get sick of watchin mickey mouse club house lol I tried making the fondant brown first then add black but still had to put a lot of black colouring into it. It went black but went all weird and smelt abit chemically so I didn't use it and I've heard you can put chocolate in it first but does it taste like chocolate after ?? Thanx for the comment appriciate it

webby2013 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 5:04am
post #4 of 10

AOh the figures arnt hand made so not everything is lol I stole them from his clubhouse toy lol

bct806 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 6:02am
post #5 of 10

Yes it tastes like chocolate. Weird that it got chemical like though. Was it mmf? Cocoa powder or melted chocolate chips? Sorry, lots of questions. lol. The cake really did turn out great. Can I ask what you made the hand of so that it would stay up like that?

webby2013 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 10

AWas weird that it went chemically not sure why maybe to much colour paste will try cocoa or choc chips next time thanx for that tip would love to know how to get bright red colour and for the shoe and glove I modeled them around the actual toy in 2 halves let them harden then stuck em together for getting it stand up I modeled the ropes around a skewer and rested the glove on top of that they turned out better than expected and mmf ? Im new to the baking scene so not sure of all the short names lol I'm getting there though.

bct806 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 10

Mmf is marshmallow fondant. I can message you a list of acronyms and their meanings if you want. I typed up a list for reference since the link to the one on here is broken. They really did turn out great!

webby2013 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 10

AYeah please it would be appriciated thanx and no it wasn't mmf it was royal icing and thanx for the great comments.

bct806 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 10

Sent it. Accidentally sent it twice. Didn't think it sent the first time. 

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 10:04pm
post #10 of 10

besides the toys I love it! Very good! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%