Pricing Cake Pops

Business By MMARI Updated 14 Jun 2013 , 7:22pm by Norasmom

MMARI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMARI Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 4

I've been forced to start doing cake pops.. How do you price these ?  Anyone have any suggestions ?  I live in VA. 

Many thanks 

3 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 4

AYou price cake pops the same way you price cakes...ingredients + labor + allocated overhead + markup for profit based on market value. Click the Pricing Formula link in my signature below for more details.

When we looked into cake pops we found that the costs exceeded market values so they were not a viable product for us.

MMARI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMARI Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 4

thanks so much for the reply.  thats exactly what I felt about the cost vs the value but these crazy people like them.  I don't think they realize how much they cost to produce.  I'll take a look at your pricing link.. thanks again.. and have a great day !!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 4

I charge $2.00 per cake pop for the plain ones and upwards of $3.50 for specific themes.  For me, even at the low price point of $2.00, they are highly profitable. I enjoy making them and find them quick to do  I wish more customers ordered them.  I love that I can use extra cake/cake scraps I have on hand. Cake pop sticks, ribbon, and little baggies are the added expense, but when purchased in bulk, they are pennies per cake pop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%