Edible Images On Marshmallows?

Sugar Work By MariaK38 Updated 29 Nov 2013 , 2:14pm by icingimages

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hi!  I'd like to put personalized images/text on the larger marshmallows but I'm not quite sure the best way to do it.  I'd loooove one of the printers that prints right on them (only $14,000!), but sadly, not gonna happen.  So the only other way I could think to do it was to use the edible images, either frosting sheets or wafer paper.  Which one would work better?  Has anyone ever done this?  Any tips you could give me?

Thanks!           Maria

6 replies
Texan Aunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texan Aunt Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 7

Hmmm...I'm thinking the wafer paper because the icing sheets might be a little too heavy for a marshmallow. I'd love to see what other people say.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 12:02pm
post #3 of 7

The wafer paper will not merge as well as the icing sheet so when you bite in to it, it will be noticed more. The icing sheet has more of a consistent flavor with the marshmallow.

icingimages Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 12:03pm
post #4 of 7

The important thing is that you have to get the marshmallow tacky and sometimes they have that flowery texture to the top of the marshmallow. If you get it wet either water or vodka, you will have to dampen it enough to get through that flowery layer on the marshmallow.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 15 Jun 2013 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 7

thank you very much!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 28 Nov 2013 , 9:10am
post #6 of 7

I just saw Marshmallows with Edible Images on tv and they cost a fortune....Has anyone tried it yet?

icingimages Posted 29 Nov 2013 , 2:14pm
post #7 of 7

Use the 1.25" circles and a little moisture in between and its done! Icing sheets only need a little moisture to adhere to anything!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%