Birthday Celebration Without Cake Is Just Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By sachishah009 Updated 17 Jun 2013 , 4:01am by Norasmom

sachishah009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sachishah009 Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 7:13am
post #1 of 13

We know that there is the tradition of celebrating birthday. We celebrate birthday of our dear and near one with lots of fun. But I have one question in my mind, as we all celebrate birthday with cutting cake. Without cake we think that there is no celebration of birthday. So, Is it true that celebration of birthday without cake is just impossible? Share your thoughts here...........

12 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 13

My husband and kids could not care less whether or not they have a birthday cake.  I, the cakeoholic, on the other hand am devastated when I don't have a birthday cake.  Mind you, I have to make my own.

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 13

Until he died, my pappaw insisted on cake, candles and balloons.  It's just the way it is.  That said, I think MOST days without cake are impossible.  We have celebrated Bastille Day, my mom's birthday, and the invention of the tennis shoe in my office just to have cake. No one in the scope of my conscienceness is gonna have a birthday without at least a cupcake.  Period.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 13

Last year my birthday fell during the Hurricane Sandy-period and we had no electricity.  So I had no cake.  Therefore it was not really my birthday and I did not get one year older.  Anyone believe that?!?  I tried!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 13

AI seriously have trouble remembering that I sm a year older if I do not mark it some way. Usually with cake

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresaf 

Last year my birthday fell during the Hurricane Sandy-period and we had no electricity.  So I had no cake.  Therefore it was not really my birthday and I did not get one year older.  Anyone believe that?!?  I tried!

Thus bringing new meaning to the phrase "Every cloud has a silver lining" 

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 13

I don't like cake unless its been like 3 years ..lol good thing since I make cakes right!

Well I have pie for my birthday cause that is the thing for me. You are right with the idea though everyone has to have some food for their birthday.

Just curious why the Question? Are you trying to start a new trend we should all know about? icon_confused.gif

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 9:02pm
post #8 of 13

You got that right Sparklekat6!

Haha

Theresa

jessica pierre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessica pierre Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 8:04am
post #9 of 13
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 8:11am
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica pierre 

More like full of stolen stuff!

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 12:08pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

More like full of stolen stuff!

Not wrong, don't know what their baking skills are like, but their ability to cut and paste other people's info onto their fb is first class.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 16 Jun 2013 , 9:54pm
post #12 of 13

I always got out for ice cream. My husband had a gluten free berry shortcake, my oldest had a gf cheesecake and my son had a build your own ice cream sundae bar. I make cake for everyone else in the world but here at my house we all prefer something else. :) 

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 17 Jun 2013 , 4:01am
post #13 of 13

My little daughter and I share a birthday so there will always be cake!   I think cake on a birthday is a must, because you need to make a wish before you blow out the candles and without cake where would the candles go??  icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%