Where To Find Round Acrylic Cake Seperators?

Decorating By pag41989 Updated 12 Jun 2013 , 4:05pm by Deb2013

pag41989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pag41989 Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 11

Good morning everyone!

I have made a post about this but I only had one person reply and the site she recommended only had square seperators and I need round ones. I found some on ebay that would be perfect but they are over in the UK and I need something for over in the US. Does anyone know where I can find these and aren't ridiculously expensive? I have attached a sketch of the cake that I am using the seperators for. Also, I would need to drill holes into them somehow so I could have the crystals hanging from the top. Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 11

Why don't you trying searching for a company that sells acrylic that is close to you.  Maybe they will cut to your specs.  Here is a location in my area, Sorry, I tried to connect to them but my internet is acting weird right now.

Maybe they will ship to you if you can't find someone and have the time.

https://www.solterplastic.com

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 11

Try eFavorMart.com

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 12:14am
post #4 of 11

I got mine at Tap plastics.  they had food safe items and drilled holes in the center for me!  Couldn't ask for anything better!

Deb2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb2013 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:34am
post #5 of 11

www.sweetwise.com seems to have a nice selection.

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:38am
post #6 of 11

I buy anything I need acrylic from my local glass shop.  no shipping and they can usually have it done for the next day.  Plus I like that I am supporting a local business. acrylic is actually really easy to find if you call a glass company. 

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 7:38am
post #7 of 11

I buy anything I need acrylic from my local glass shop.  no shipping and they can usually have it done for the next day.  Plus I like that I am supporting a local business. acrylic is actually really easy to find if you call a glass company. 

pag41989 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 1:24pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb2013 

www.sweetwise.com seems to have a nice selection.

I looked and didn't see anything except some seperator tubes. Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot? We also don't have a local glass retailer. I am thinking I might just go somewhere and buy a couple vases and hope they don't crack underneath the weight of the cake. I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere online. I keep finding the tubes but I need something a little larger in diameter icon_sad.gif

Deb2013 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 3:10pm
post #9 of 11

They're located under the "packaging and Display" section (left column on website). Try this direct link:

http://sweetwise.com/packaging-display/structural-stands/separator-plates.html

pag41989 Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 3:34pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb2013 

They're located under the "packaging and Display" section (left column on website). Try this direct link:

http://sweetwise.com/packaging-display/structural-stands/separator-plates.html

Thanks I looked but all I saw are clear plates, pillars that are attached to the plates and tubes that are too thin. I'm looking for something tubular like a vase but one thats 6 inches in diameter and 4 inches tall and one that is 8 inches in diameter and 4 inches tall. Like a short wide squatted vase.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%