Friday Night Cake Club For 6/7/13

Decorating By catlharper Updated 11 Jun 2013 , 6:24am by Lovebug2867

cakeddc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeddc Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 2:09am
post #31 of 42

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3029423/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Wow! Some gorgeous cakes this week! That "flying north for the winter" cake though.. That takes the cake! So cute and unique! I love it.

This cake was for my Son Rory's first birthday! He loves baths, so rubber Duckie cake it was. I had so many plans for this cake and I just ran out of time :( I had a big party planned, lots of other food to prepare and a house to get ready. I had invisioned some cute little animals (frog, snail, ladybug) at the base of the bucket, as well as some grass and cute red polka dot mushrooms-- and a smash cake. I'm still happy with it but if I had planned more carefully it would have been so much cuter!

Maybe I'll get to make it for a client one day...

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 3:32am
post #32 of 42

Here's the ninjago cake.  Nothing too detailed, but it took a long time to get the eyes just right and the cake is 

huge!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 7:08pm
post #33 of 42

Cakeddc: I love the Rubber ducky cake! SO cute! I do know what you mean about being pressed for time and wishing you had had more to add even more details. I would love to see the party pics if you'd like to share...just pm me here.

Norasmom: I never thought about the Ninjago eyes before but yeah, that would be hard to get just right. I'm sure Franco just loved it!!!

Cat

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 9:08pm
post #34 of 42

AI was so terribly busy & exhausted that I just couldn't even post. I was even to tired to complain!

So many geat cakes this week!

DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 9:10pm
post #35 of 42

A

Original message sent by catlharper

Hi Here is one of the cakes:

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3028667/] [/URL]

Really like this. I've never seen the hibiscus done that way. Had someone recently as about a luau & couldn't use my go to flower without time to dry.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 9:32pm
post #36 of 42

ACazza, adorable, precious, & wow!

Brettly, adorable! I especially like the tiny bananas.

Lovebug, very cute!

Boulanger, those peaches are cookies?

DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 10:08pm
post #37 of 42

AI do not have permission to edit my post. That should be Boyka. Dang autocorrect.

TDoveWings, those samples are darling. You got me rethinking how I do mine. Is it a lot of work?

DeliciousDesserts Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 10:09pm
post #38 of 42

ACakeDDC, that duck is precious!

catlharper Posted 10 Jun 2013 , 5:28am
post #39 of 42

Delicious Desserts: LOVE the Retirement cake! That is hysterical...I think I'm going to have to use the pill bottle idea next year for a Senior friend of mine...too funny!

Cat

cakeddc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeddc Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 3:00am
post #40 of 42

ACat--I'll PM you a pic of my son enjoying his cake, as soon as my dh downloads the photos..., he is cuter than a rubber Duckie (although I'm not sure his two older sisters would always agree..) I checked out your blog, really great and so inspirational for a relative newcomer like me. Your work is amazing.

catlharper Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 3:15am
post #41 of 42

Cakeddc,

Aww, thank you...I love seeing those photos of the little ones. My grandson was hysterical this year. He turned two and decided the best way to eat his cake was with no hands...yup, face down into the cake! LOL! Just too funny!

And thanx for the compliments! I'm having a blast with this latest turn in my career. I had a Cordon Bleu chef tell me the other night that my chocolate cake was very persuasive...I had a grin on my face the rest of the night!! LOL! 

All fun this week tho'. Gonna try my hand at cheesecake (never made one before so wish me luck!) and then I have my hubby's Father's Day cake. Other than that just some fondant figure work. So much easier than last week! 

I'm looking forward to the party pics!

Cat

Lovebug2867 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovebug2867 Posted 11 Jun 2013 , 6:24am
post #42 of 42

Cat- I just made a cheesecake for the first time today too!  Hoping mine turns out according to my recipe I have to chill it for 8-12 hours before being able to enjoy it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%