My First Wedding Cake

Decorating By BatterUpCake Updated 4 Jun 2013 , 6:31pm by BatterUpCake

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 3

Hello. I just joined today although I have been lurking around the site incognito for a long time. I am doing my first wedding cake and I am scared to death! It will have celtic stencils on it, which I have never done. It is 3 tiers. My main concerns are 1) it is going to be hot outside and there are so many differing opinions on whether ABC or IMBC is more stable. I love the IMBC but don't want it to melt at the outdoor reception. 2)Stacking the cake. I have stacked cakes but never one where it had to be perfect. I am worried about getting it in the right spot and not messing up the frosting. Which would be easier to fix, ABC or IMBC? 3) Which is better to use for stenciling...royal icing or crusting BC. And tips or suggestions would help ease my mind..Below is the cake....She wants all white frosting though and I really like the look in the pic...

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

2)Stacking the cake. I have stacked cakes but never one where it had to be perfect. I am worried about getting it in the right spot and not messing up the frosting. Which would be easier to fix, ABC or IMBC?

Don't worry about fixing it, just get it in the right spot with these stacking tips (see post #6):

http://cakecentral.com/t/710889/any-tips-for-stacking-fingers-spatula-in-the-way

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 4 Jun 2013 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the help....another question. I decided to fill and crumbcoat with IMBC and then use the crusting BC On the outside. Can I go ahead and fill the layers and crumbcoat and freeze? I have heard people having trouble refrigerating the IMBC. I don't have time to do the whole cake in one day so I baked a tier today and the rest spread out over the week

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%