I Hadn't Heard This One Before...

Business By howsweet Updated 5 Jun 2013 , 4:34pm by auntginn

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 10:39am
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir 

I sure hope he was just stirring, because otherwise he's just an idiot.

Maybe answer him with "oh that IS the price if you're going to eat it, I charge more if people are buying my edible creations to only decorate their party room". Equally ludicrous statement.

Awesome reply!

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 10:41am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsweet 

That's not nearly the strangest experience I've had with a customer. This guy was nothing compared to the customer I had who never cut into the cake during the whole party because she claimed she  thought it was a dummy. 

She'd ordered the cake from me, including flavors, but she wasn't there when I delivered it. The two guys accepting the cake asked how to cut it and I made a dumb joke sort of like I didn't know people actually cut my cakes...but then proceeded to explain how to cut it.  She emailed me the next day that she was very upset that I'd just given her a dummy cake and was horrified that I'd "duped" her into paying so much for something that wasn't even cake. She maintained that her friends who'd accepted the cake had told her it was a dummy because of what I'd said and she claims they never even tried to cut into it to see.  Either she made the whole thing up or they were serving something a lot stronger than cake at that party...

Anyway, she backed off on wanting her money back but told me she hoped I'd learned a lesson about not making jokes when delivering a cake.

O.o...speechless

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 4:34pm
post #33 of 33

@Karensjustdessert, I love your idea to the hairdresser, but I think I will tell mine, it's just going into the trash. rofl...

the nerve of some people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%