Pasta Machine, Finally Used It And Makes Dents, Tears Fondant?

Decorating By shannycakers Updated 3 Jun 2013 , 4:22pm by shannycakers

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, I am finally getting around to using my pasta clay machine i got at michaels. The last one I purchased it make marks in my fondant so i took it back and got this one, now Im finally trying to use it and this one makes marks on my fondant too? what am i doing wrong, i put a small piece of partially flattened fondant, start it on 4/5 and it seems to do fine, but then on 2 or 3 it makes marks on my fondant strip?

4 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 12:40am
post #2 of 5

What brand is it? And are you moving down 1 number at a time?

I use a kitchen aid one, and I've never had an issue with it marking up fondant.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 1:15am
post #3 of 5

Starting at 4/5 might be the problem!  Always start on 1, and then increase the number by one with each pass.

If its a hand cranked machine, you might get lines if you are not cranking at a consistent speed.  If this happens, roll it through again at the same setting.

shannycakers Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

o i see! crank it evenly and the lines may not show, ok im going to try that out. I know so many people use these with great results! mine came from michaels craft store in clay aisle. On mine the highter numbers are larger gaps, the lower number you go the thinner it gets..

hoping i can get a smooth piece of fondant to come out soon! thanks

shannycakers Posted 3 Jun 2013 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 5

o i see! crank it evenly and the lines may not show, ok im going to try that out. I know so many people use these with great results! mine came from michaels craft store in clay aisle. On mine the highter numbers are larger gaps, the lower number you go the thinner it gets..

hoping i can get a smooth piece of fondant to come out soon! thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%