Scanning Images From A Book To Use Standing On A Cake

Decorating By irishsodabread Updated 1 Jun 2013 , 3:54pm by Marian64

irishsodabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irishsodabread Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 2:39am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a graduation cake for "Oh, the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss. I want to somehow scan the images of characters onto icing sheets or something to make a cake topper as well as other decorations. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Irish Soda Bread

4 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 5:17am
post #2 of 5

Are you asking about how to scan them or how to make it stand? If you have an edible printer, you can use any picture on your computer, scanned or otherwise, to print onto an icing sheet. If you don't, Walmart will sometimes sell it to you, although it being Dr. Seuss they may not due to copyright issues (depends on the store). There are also websites you can order them from in the size you want. 

irishsodabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irishsodabread Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have an edible printer, so I guess the ink in my printer is toxic? May have to come up with plan B as time is running out.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 5

You can't use your regular printer on an edible icing image. You can print the picture and take it somewhere to get an edible image though. Or you can do a buttercream transfer. That may be your best bet now but it won't be able to stand up by itself. 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 1 Jun 2013 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 5

AI did a cake like that last year. I printed out the character and then had it laminated so I could have it stand on top of the mountain.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%