Help! Urgent Question About Drying Fondant For Tomrrow!

Decorating By AlicesMadBatter Updated 31 May 2013 , 1:39am by melanie-1221

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:15am
post #1 of 3

I ran out of time this week and am trying to dry fondant fast.  Can I use the oven method for drying homemade MMF?  Won't the heat melt the marshmallow? I have to make the sides to a wine box cake due Sunday (it is Thurs) and I just made the MMF today. Hoping to roll out and cut the panels tomorrow (Fri). Two days is not nearly enough time to dry MMF I don't think. Debating kneading in some dark brown gumpaste I have to make the light brown fondant look more like wood. Can I swirl gumpaste with fondant like this, so that it has a swirled/grain look versus kneading it in completely? 

Thanks!

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:35am
post #2 of 3

You probably need to make the whole thing out of gumpaste, frankly.  MMF isn't really designed to dry.  

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 31 May 2013 , 1:39am
post #3 of 3

I would opt for adding the gumpaste.

I have never tried the oven method and I honestly don't think I ever would . It scares me.

When I need cupcake toppers in a hurry I just add in a good amount of gumpaste and the are nice and stiff within 24- 48 hrs.

I think the swirl would look ok, try it and if you don't like it continue kneading it until it's a solid color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%