How Can I "transfer" A Comic Strip Onto A Cake, So I Can Go Over It With Edible Marker?

Decorating By kathik Updated 2 Jun 2013 , 3:59am by kathik

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 30 May 2013 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make a cake for my daughter of a sketchbook with a partially colored in cartoon, but I am not skilled enough to just freehand copy it. Since it is supposed to look like a sketchbook I don't want to do a buttercream transfer.  I want it to be flat. I have never used a regular edible image.  How does that look and taste on fondant?  And, could I color on it, if I had the image printed in black and white?

I am open to any ideas about how to get this image on my cake as long as it remains flat. icon_smile.gif

Thanks all,

Kathi 

3 replies
ChrystysCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrystysCreations Posted 31 May 2013 , 12:44am
post #2 of 4

you can have it be printed on frosting sheets. Then simply place on top of the cake and start filling it it. If you need the image on he frosting sheet, just inbox me and I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 31 May 2013 , 4:12am
post #3 of 4

Erin Schaefgen demonstrates a technique for tracing a pattern on a cake in her Craftsy class, The Hand-Painted Cake. The class is free.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 2 Jun 2013 , 3:59am
post #4 of 4

Thank you ChrystysCreation.  I pm'ed you.

Thanks Elcee.  I have never heard of Erin Schaefgen before, but I found her site and started watching.  Very impressive!

Thanks ladies,

Kathi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%