Strawberry Shortcake Cake House Help

Decorating By neida Updated 24 May 2013 , 5:05pm by neida

neida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neida Posted 24 May 2013 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 6

AHi anyone can help me explaining what size of pan I need use for strawberry shortcake cake house for 20 people and how can carve to make a beautiful shape?oh how much can charge for that? thanks in :smile:advance

5 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 24 May 2013 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 6

I've seen a few on here.  Do you have a pic or link you can share so we understand the design you want?  My guess without knowing will be a 6 inch square pan.  Unless your talking about the giant strawberry, Then I would use the doll mold and half the ball pan.

neida Posted 24 May 2013 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 6

Athank youuuu now is other question?how much can charge she just only want the house is enough the six inch cake with the sport ball on the top?

auntginn Posted 24 May 2013 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 6

Only you can determine how much to charge.  Prices vary from place to place, a lot has to do with what the market will bear.  Determine what the cost to produce your cake is, include overhead like electricity, gas, water, telephone, etc.  

Let's say for example the cost of the cake is $10.00 and you double your mark up.  Now determine how much time it took you to produce the cake,  and that was 3.5 hours.  Your time for shopping, baking, decorating, etc.

Now you want to make 15.00 per hr. which would then be $52.50 added to the cake cost would make the price $72.50.

These are not real numbers, just a way to help you see and  determine what to charge. There may be other factors that I did not mention because only you will know what they are.

neida Posted 24 May 2013 , 5:05pm
post #6 of 6

Aok I have some idea now about price thank you very much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%