Ingredient List For The Filling Sleeves?

Business By mareg Updated 23 May 2013 , 3:20pm by mareg

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 20 May 2013 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 8

Is there a website that has the ingredient info. for the sleeves you buy at the cake suppy stores?  Making my labels for the CA CFO licence.    I'm assuming also you have to make a label for every flavor?  

Thanks in advance!

7 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 20 May 2013 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 8

Do you know the company that made the fillings? Go to their website and if the product ingredients are not posted, contact their customer service. If you're not sure what company made the fillings, contact the store where you purchased the sleeves and ask for the company name.

In NY we have a choice for labeling. Either make different labels for each flavor; or write fruit filling (may contain...) and then add the long list of all ingredients. 

Donnawb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnawb Posted 20 May 2013 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 8

The filling sleeves I buy are from a local store, and I have ordered some from Global Sugar Art.  The brand at Global Sugar is Henry & Henry, however I haven't went to their website.

I used to buy these quite often.  Does anyone know how it's legal for stores to sell them without the ingredient list on them?  Also, does anyone know if these fillings can be baked?  (For instance, wrapped in a pastry.)

mareg Posted 20 May 2013 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 8

I buy mine from a local cake supply and they do have the ingredients on the shelf.  I would have to go in and take pics of all the flavors.  I did go to ********** and they do not have and ingredient list on their site. 

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 20 May 2013 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 8

AYes, they can be baked. Global Sugar Arts has a video about the sleeves where they talk about it. I've just ordered my first sleeve fillings and I assumed they would have the ingredient lists with them. I make a label for every cake I do since the ingredients vary depending on the flavors and decorations for the cake. If it does come with ingredients, I will post.

I'm nervous about using these. Just read an old post about how chemical the taste is. I'm a stickler for fresh tasting ingredients, but didn't have the chance to have a recipe tested in a food lab and can only sell foods that don't need to be refrigerated.

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 21 May 2013 , 4:59pm
post #6 of 8

Just got my order.  They are listed as henry and henry, but have "Distributed by CK Products, LLC" on the sticker, doesn't say henry & henry anywhere.  Stamped on the sleeve is a lower case "h" with "RED RASP" below it, then 3519 and a longer number below that.  The ingredients are: Water, Sugar, Raspberries, Modified Food Starch, High Fructose Corn Syrup.  Contains 2% or less of the following: Citric Acid, Salt, Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Propionate, Sodium Benzoate), Red 40, Artifical Flavor.  

Lemon:Water, Sugar, Dextrose, Modified Food Starch, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and Cottonseed Oils, Contains 2% or less of the following: Sodium Citrate, Lemon Puree, Citric Acid, Salt, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Agar Agar, Sorbic Acid, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1.

The strawberry didn't have ingredients on it so I called Global Sugar Arts.  They said the ingredient labels just come in the box, so I guess that explains why many don't have labels on them.  She is supposed to email me the ingredients, so if you are interested in the strawberry sleeve ingredients I can post them when I get them.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 21 May 2013 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 8

I believe you only have to provide an ingredients label if the product will be individually wrapped/packaged.

mareg Posted 23 May 2013 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 8

ok, so If I put strawberry filling on the cake label thats all I need?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%