Whipped Buttercream

Baking By smile22 Updated 21 May 2013 , 6:41am by chrispitt

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 20 May 2013 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 7

so i am looking for a whipped buttercream recipe i usualy use my standered buttercream which is 7 oz of marshmallow fluff or cream 2 sticks of butter 3 cups powder sugar and a tablespoon of vanilla 

my sister suggested i make like a whipped like buttercream she loves the buttercream that georgetown cupcakes put on there cupcakes. if anyone has been to georgetown they know what i am talking about..

need some recipies something easy 

6 replies
Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 20 May 2013 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 7

This is my favorite whipped buttercream recipe. It does take some time but it is so worth it. Give it a try! icon_smile.gif

http://veenaartofcakes.blogspot.com/2011/12/buttercream-properly-whipped.html

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 20 May 2013 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 7

The Whimsical Bakehouse house buttercream recipe (not the IMBC recipe) is a whipped buttercream and is delicious and pretty easy to make.

joandwade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joandwade Posted 21 May 2013 , 3:43am
post #4 of 7

AHow long can a buttercream be out of the fridge for after you iced the middle of the cakes then put fondant on the outside? I'm doing a wedding cake and I need to make the cakes up on fri morning and give the cake that day but wedding isn't till the sat . But I don't want the girl to put the cake in the fridge over night cause it will have fondant on the cakes?

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 21 May 2013 , 3:55am
post #5 of 7

AI've had my buttercream sit out for a couple days and it was fine , I've read on here that the high sugar content preserves the buttercream.

Krypto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krypto Posted 21 May 2013 , 3:58am
post #6 of 7

AI have left mine out several days as well and it was fine. Just a heads up, this recipe does not crust well.

chrispitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrispitt Posted 21 May 2013 , 6:41am
post #7 of 7

I loved butter cream cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%