Buttercreme & Fondant

Decorating By cristina123455 Updated 16 May 2013 , 1:47am by kakeladi

cristina123455 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cristina123455 Posted 16 May 2013 , 12:35am
post #1 of 3

Hi (:
I am making a cake for my orchestra banquet. It's a life-sized violin. I was planning on covering it with white fondant and then painting it with food coloring, my only concern is that i used buttercreme to coat it and the event isn't unit friday. I've noticed the condensation that builds on it if I refrigerate it, is there any way to avoid this? Could I leave the cake out that long or would the butter creme go bad? icon_confused.gif

2 replies
TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 16 May 2013 , 1:42am
post #2 of 3

AIs it already covered in the fondant? I don't think the buttercream will go bad, and as long as you give the cake ample time to come to room temp the sweat beads should be dried by the time it is ready for delivery. Personally for me, I like to have my buttercream sweat so that when I do cover the cake with fondant it acts like a glue. I never cool/freeze my fondant cakes though for fear of the colors bleeding. The one time it did happen to me I used a viva towel to "mop" up the sweat beads. HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 May 2013 , 1:47am
post #3 of 3

No need to frig cake unless there is a filling that needs it. As for condensation - just leave it at room temp - DO NOT touch it until that evaporates and everything will be fine.  You don't say what recipe yhou used for the b'cream icing but generally you don't need to worry unless it is super hot in your kitchen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%