Opening A Store Front...need Some Advice :)

Business By ohsugarsweets Updated 15 May 2013 , 6:13pm by ohsugarsweets

ohsugarsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohsugarsweets Posted 15 May 2013 , 3:41am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the best place to buy equipment? Ovens, display cases, freezers, refrigerators, etc. Thanks

3 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 15 May 2013 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 4

auctions. google restaurant auction houses in your area. 

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 15 May 2013 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 4

On the buy new list: ovens, refrigerations, freezers, prep tables, speed racks.  Your new best friend will be the Webstaurant store. (www.webstaurantstore.com).  The absolute lowest prices I have found online.  If there is somewhere that sells for less, let me know. :)  We have bought a lot of used and new equipment, and ovens and refrigeration are just a better buy new when you can get them as cheap as you can online.  Our local vendors weren't even close to their prices.  Of all the pieces we bought used, we've replaced almost all of them except a Wolf gas range (hardly any moving parts to break) and an ice machine.

On the buy used list: display cases, ice machines, dish machines (if you need them).  Your food wholesaler will often service your dish machine if you buy detergent from them, but you will pay more for the detergent.  Display cases are ridiculously priced new, check eBay or Craigslist for those.

Good luck!

Liz

ohsugarsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohsugarsweets Posted 15 May 2013 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you, thank you, thank you :) I have a list of equipment that I know I'll need, but I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%