Transporting 200 Cupcakes?

Business By KellyMorgin Updated 14 May 2013 , 4:07pm by KellyMorgin

KellyMorgin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyMorgin Posted 11 May 2013 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 16

I would rather not waist that many cupcake boxes unless i have to. Is there a special way of transporting so many at a time that someone could please share?

15 replies
Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 11 May 2013 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 16

AI wouldn't call it waste. The cost of the boxes should be added into your final price. I don't know of any other way to transport them.

Are you transporting and setting up? If I am setting up, I bring the boxes back with me then.

KellyMorgin Posted 11 May 2013 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 16

Waste* iPhone.

I will be setting up, i work on a smaller scale so if i could save on having to purchase that many boxes would be nice. 

bighand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bighand Posted 11 May 2013 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 16

Hi Kelly Morgin Im from Ireland so not sure if you could get these were you are ,but i bought underbed storage boxes. They are plastic and have a lid and  will hold an awful lot of cupcakes,plus if you need to they will sit on top of each other with lids on and dont damage cupcakes in box below.Mine are 75centimetres by 70 centimetres and 17centimetres high.I bought them from IKEA and I use them for large cupcake orders.HTH

KellyMorgin Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:03pm
post #5 of 16

Great idea thank you for sharing! 

Lfredden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lfredden Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 16

AI bought plastic storage boxes at Target for $8 each. They are about 6" high and hold about 50 cupcakes. I lay cardboard on the bottom so they don't slide around much. I like the plastic boxes with lids because they help keep the cupcakes fresh. In the cardboard boxes I notice cupcakes dry out faster.

BakerBee7468 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBee7468 Posted 11 May 2013 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighand 

Hi Kelly Morgin Im from Ireland so not sure if you could get these were you are ,but i bought underbed storage boxes. They are plastic and have a lid and  will hold an awful lot of cupcakes,plus if you need to they will sit on top of each other with lids on and dont damage cupcakes in box below.Mine are 75centimetres by 70 centimetres and 17centimetres high.I bought them from IKEA and I use them for large cupcake orders.HTH

That's a great idea, i wouldnt have thought of that.

BakerBee7468 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBee7468 Posted 11 May 2013 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 16

now how do u put that many cupcakes in the plastic containers at once? do you put the cupcakes in the containers unfrosted or are they already frosted and you have someway of packing them without ruining you designed cupcakes?

kblickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kblickster Posted 12 May 2013 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 16

I had to deliver 100 cupcakes a while back.  I got a wonderful tip from someone on this site.

Put some white chocolate chips in a piping bag and melt them in the microwave.  Pipe a small amount of the chocolate on the bottom of the cupcake and place on your cake board / cardboard base.  The chocolate works like glue to keep the cupcake stable.  I iced the cupcakes inside the box.  (just swirls)  It was fast and worked like a charm.  I also used the underbed storage boxes with foam board from the dollar tree as the base. 

Baking Sis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Sis Posted 12 May 2013 , 2:41pm
post #10 of 16

I have used the plastic totes for years...even for transporting sheet cakes (smaller ones).  And they are stackable! 

veracity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veracity Posted 12 May 2013 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 16

They also work well when transporting cake.  I use the lid as my base, placing the cake board w/cake on it and covering with the bottom.  Basically, turned upside down.  That way you have more then one use for the container. 

KellyMorgin Posted 13 May 2013 , 4:16pm
post #12 of 16

Thanks everyone!

KellyMorgin Posted 14 May 2013 , 4:59am
post #13 of 16

KellyMorgin Posted 14 May 2013 , 4:59am
post #14 of 16

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 14 May 2013 , 3:21pm
post #15 of 16

I use clamshell containers just like any other bakery. I buy them in bulk from paper mart. You can reuse them if you want. I can stack the containers 3 deep in my trunk. They work amazing and look professional.

KellyMorgin Posted 14 May 2013 , 4:07pm
post #16 of 16

Thank you, i'm not sure why the (,) are there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%