Friday Night Cake Club 5/10/13

Decorating By Elcee Updated 12 May 2013 , 11:33pm by karina_lisa2010

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 11 May 2013 , 4:33pm
post #31 of 46

Here are the finished cookies.  They were well-received.  I am very pleased with the finished product!  (Even avoiding the "I could have done this better...." syndrome.)

Thank you to any and everyone that provided inspiration. 

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 11 May 2013 , 4:58pm
post #32 of 46

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends here on FNCC.  I can see we've all been busy beavers but let's not forget to take time out for ourselves.  You deserve it!  Have a great weekend all.

allycrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycrumbs Posted 11 May 2013 , 5:20pm
post #33 of 46

A

Original message sent by cazza1

Hey, I just realised we are having Mother's Day together.  Anyone from other countries celebrating Mother's Day this Sunday.  I have noticed that quite often out special holidays like this do not coincide.

Hi Cazza, I'm in Malaysia and we're celebrating Mother's Day today too (it's 1.20am Sunday morning here) :)

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 11 May 2013 , 5:45pm
post #34 of 46

Okay, seriously, we are all working way too hard on Mother's day weekend. All these pictures are so amazing.

DeliciousDesserts, is it just you? Your cakes are just amazing. If I had to do all that for a weekend, I'd have to go to the hospital.  Either you're superfast or you don't sleep. 

Kvand, I love, love, love it. The purple looks so good. 

Those cookies are too stinkin' cute. 

Here goes, the two cake's i've completed so far. One more to go. Boy do I need to work on my piping!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 May 2013 , 6:34pm
post #35 of 46

lcubed83 (I'm a Linda, too icon_wink.gif), your cookies are adorable! I always enjoy doing cookies but have found that doing to many different types at once is overwhelming.

tdovewings, the cakes are lovely and your piping ISN'T bad!

Here's my weekend cake. It's not the best picture. I'm never very enthusiastic about cakes for boys but then, once I start on them, end up really liking them!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:06pm
post #36 of 46

AIt's just me. This week, no sleep!

Original message sent by tdovewings

DeliciousDesserts, is it just you? Your cakes are just amazing. If I had to do all that for a weekend, I'd have to go to the hospital.  Either you're superfast or you don't sleep. 

DeliciousDesserts Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:08pm
post #37 of 46

AElcee,

That cake is so stinking cute! How sis you get the fish scale/net look on the board?

DeliciousDesserts Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:08pm
post #38 of 46
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:42pm
post #39 of 46

ABeautiful!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 May 2013 , 12:06am
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

Elcee,

That cake is so stinking cute! How sis you get the fish scale/net look on the board?

Thanks! LOL, it's scrapbook paper, taped to a cake drum, covered in clear shelf liner. And, no, the cake is not directly on the contact paper icon_wink.gif.

Your wedding cake is stunning.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 12 May 2013 , 12:18am
post #41 of 46

WOW WOW WOW , I finally had time to look at all the cakes and cuppies and bickies in here . Everything looks so awesome. 

Finally the week is over , I hope everyone is having a lovely Mother's Day here today and over there tomorrow. 

We had breakfast out with all the family this morning . The best thing was my student cancelled so I don't have to teach today. So here are all my cakes from the week. Quite a different one for me , the only flowers I did were the couple of little blossoms on the bride. 

The Jewelry box was put on Instagram  by the birthday girl and she tagged the designer in it and apparently she answered back personally and loved it. The ring is also one of her range. 

Happy Caking 

Chelle 

kikiandkyle Posted 12 May 2013 , 5:16am
post #42 of 46

AMy cake has turned into Saturday night disaster club, first one of my vanilla layers cracked, then when I went to tort the chocolate I discovered the batter hadn't mixed all the way and it was full of light spots, luckily I had the ingredients for a quick 2 dozen cupcakes on hand.

kikiandkyle Posted 12 May 2013 , 6:07pm
post #43 of 46

AThis is my vanilla tier, I just decorated this and did 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes. My husband did not appreciate spending our wedding anniversary helping me finish it last night![IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3005440/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 12 May 2013 , 8:33pm
post #44 of 46

OH MY! I don't know where to start!  There are so many amazing cakes on here this week!  I completly forgot about Friday night club until today as I was SOO busy working on 2 big cakes this weekend as well! It's amazing how much we push ourselves for others!  I am exhausted and after looking at all that you all did am even more exhausted!  Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 12 May 2013 , 9:28pm
post #45 of 46

Hello Everyone!

All of the cakes look so awesome! Hope everyone is enjoying Mothers Day today and are getting completely spoiled! I fell asleep last night at pm and slept until 7 this morning!

Friday was an all-nighter for me. Here are the cakes/cupcakes that I was working on. There were  20 Dozen Mini's and 13 Doz Standard Mother's Day cupcakes in Total. 2 Dozen Owl cupcakes and 2 Dozen angry Birds Cupcakes and 2 super easy flower pot cakes.

karina_lisa2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karina_lisa2010 Posted 12 May 2013 , 11:33pm
post #46 of 46

I made Mother's day cupcake's.  It was fun even if the day was not what I had hopped for ... but it was okay, I went to see my husband who is in a 28 day alcohol rehab program. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%