Best Stand Mixer For Under £200

Decorating By has4 Updated 11 May 2013 , 10:32pm by AllaMarie

has4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
has4 Posted 11 May 2013 , 1:04am
post #1 of 5

I'm looking to buy a stand mixer, with a budget of £200. Any ideas on which is best?

4 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 11 May 2013 , 1:59am
post #2 of 5

KitchenAid! They can be expensive but if you find them on sale or as a display model then jump on it. I absolutely love mine. I got the display model and paid about $180 for it, including the extended warranty.

suzannem5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannem5 Posted 11 May 2013 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

You could pick up a brand new Kenwood for less than £200 - don't go for the fancy silver models, the performance is exactly the same.  There's a KM330 on Ebay for £160.

I've never used a Kitchen Aid - been a Kenwood girl all my life.  I wanted another, cheapie mixer and bought an Andrew James one recently - yes, it was cheap but you get what you pay for - I wish I hadn't wasted my money.  It's noisy and the beaters do not touch the bottom or sides of the bowl - there is no means of adjustment either. 

I'm currently collecting old models of Kenwood for hubby to refurbish as I'm starting to teach baking and cake decorating - I wouldn't dream of using anything other than a Kenwood for the job.

Embles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Embles Posted 11 May 2013 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 5

ACurrys and littlewoods are doing a kenwood prospero foe 169 quid at the mox

AllaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AllaMarie Posted 11 May 2013 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 5

AI got mine on black Friday! Kohls had an awesome deal!! Original $249. Sale price $199. I got $75 Kohls cash and found a $35 mail in rebate!!! Was sooo happy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%