Girl Scout Cake Help

Decorating By MrsR11312 Updated 10 May 2013 , 1:55pm by MrsR11312

MrsR11312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsR11312 Posted 9 May 2013 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, all!

Wondering if anyone can help me. I've been asked to make a cake for a girl scout event on Monday that feeds around 40 people. I'm thinking of making a double layer 9 x 13 cake. I need to somehow get the girl scout emblem (the green one, with the girl's heads) on the cake. Should I do a transfer with piping gel? Should I create it out of Color Flow and place it on? I'm planning on frosting in buttercream. Any ideas?

TIA!

MrsR

4 replies
KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 9 May 2013 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 5

I think a frozen buttercream transfer (aka FBCT) would work nicely for that.  There's a number of videos online on how to do them.  As yours in only a two-colour, I think it would be quite straight-forward, and you could make it as big or as small as you like.

Or...you could make a template and cut it out of fondant and just place it on the top of the cake.

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 9 May 2013 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 5

I am faster at royal icing and colour flow.  I like how I can put clear plastic over item, outline it then fill in with royal icing.  What are you better at?  Go with what you are more familiar ( and less stress) with doing.

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 9 May 2013 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 5

(wish we could just delete a post, rather than erase it and enter something inane like this)  icon_smile.gif

MrsR11312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsR11312 Posted 10 May 2013 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 5

Oh, thank you all for your help! I didn't even think of a frozen buttercream transfer! I knew I'd get great advice here!! :) I'll let you know how it turns out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%