Cake Life

Decorating By hungarygreek Updated 9 May 2013 , 9:45pm by hungarygreek

hungarygreek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hungarygreek Posted 8 May 2013 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 8

AHi all, I could really do with some advice please, how long will my sponge cake last for after it's been crumb coated, buttercream coated and fondant on top? What's the maximum amount of time I can prep the cake before a special day? Thanks in advance for any help

7 replies
hungarygreek Posted 8 May 2013 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 8

AAlso is there anything you can put into fondant icing to make it pearlescent/shimmery?

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 8 May 2013 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 8

AThat really depends I your cake. Mine are still great at 7 days & good at 10. I say good because by day 7 it's been cut. That's oven to cutting time. Not sure how long from decorated.

Luster or shimmer dust once covered.

hungarygreek Posted 8 May 2013 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 8

A

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

That really depends I your cake. Mine are still great at 7 days & good at 10. I say good because by day 7 it's been cut. That's oven to cutting time. Not sure how long from decorated.

Luster or shimmer dust once covered.

Ok thank you, I was hoping 7 days would be ok so that's good news thank you, do you store your cake airtight or in the fridge? I was hoping to actually kneed something into the icing to give it a pearly look am I aiming for the stars? Lol

Mamasmanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasmanna Posted 8 May 2013 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 8

You can brush on Luster dust on top of the fondant once the cake is covered, that will also give you a shimmer look.

hungarygreek Posted 8 May 2013 , 7:59pm
post #6 of 8

AThank you, I just ordered some from eBay I hope it gives the results I was hoping for its to shimmer a tiara topper x

Mamasmanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasmanna Posted 9 May 2013 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 8

It should work fine. I've painted on fondant and gumpaste using dusts before using vodka or lemon extract (it evaps), then dry brushed over it again with the same or different luster dusts for a richer color. Hope this makes sense:)

hungarygreek Posted 9 May 2013 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 8

AThank you, I've just made the tiara now for it to dry and wait for the dust... Will post pics. Again thank you x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%