Structure Help Please!

Decorating By jadedlogic Updated 9 May 2013 , 1:37pm by jadedlogic

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 8 May 2013 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 5

AHello! I am wanting to make this cake for my daughters birthday and I am having trouble figuring out sizes. This may or may not make sense.... My plan was to have a round wooden board as the base and have two dowels screwed into it for the legs and then a smaller board on top of those dowels to hold up the body of the doll. I am not sure how big the sports ball pan is and if that would work for the head. This doesn't allow for the two tiers under the doll and I'm not sure how they went about that. Any help? I'm not sure if this makes sense.... [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3002325/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

4 replies
Mamasmanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasmanna Posted 8 May 2013 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 5

I would guess and say the doll was recreated using non-edible pieces like a styrofoam ball and dowells covered in fondant. Even if the original was made out of cake, since you need to make this in advanced, using non-edible pieces would be helpful. Can you ask the original cake artist?

jadedlogic Posted 8 May 2013 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 5

AOn her blog is says the body and head are edible. I will try messaging her. Thanks.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 8 May 2013 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 5

Edible likely means rice krispie treats in this case. 

The sports ball cake couldn't be supported well in that manner, so if using cake for the head, I'd suggest only the top half be actual cake and the bottom could be styrofoam or cereal treats.

Doll body could easily be carved cake or cereal treats.

jadedlogic Posted 9 May 2013 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks for the help :) I will post when it's completed

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%