RedVelvetAntoinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedVelvetAntoinette Posted 8 May 2013 , 7:17am
post #1 of 1

AHey all, I'm a hobbyist baker, and have my daughters communion cake due in 3 weeks. I want to really want to blow everyone away and make a beautiful cake. My cakes are usually ok. Nice to look at, not perfect, but I make a good effort. My husband suggested maybe buying the cake to take some pressure off me, but all I hear is "your not good enough". Anyway. I don't want a standard communion cake. In my head I want a "cotton and crumbs" inspired cake (is anyone familiar) , so more of a wedding cake look really. Maybe 3 tiers. (It's a double communion).

Firstly so....I want to incorporate white satin effect on one tier. That is girl #1 dress. Second tier...I have bought a divine Karen Davies lace mould to wrap around that tier.that represents my daughters dress.

Then maybe a smaller top tier that I can insert some roses, with blingy diamond centres.

I want to put two communion shoes on the cake, and all the templates for shoes out there are for converse and high heels etc...just wondering if anyone has one for a communion shoe? Also, for the satin tier, I've bought bridal satin effect dust, which is way more expensive than normal luster dust, and I want the satin to be tightly ruffled across the cake,as in completely tight around it, but satin effect. i saw a photo ages ago doing this but can't find it again. Anyone got any instructions on this? I don't want a drape, effect, just more fitted looking. Any advice would be soooo greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone can suggest another idea for the cake, something that will make my daughter proud. God I sound so corny. (She thinks I'm the best baker in the world lol, so I've a lot to live up to lol)

Thanks.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%