Golden Letters On Book Covers

Decorating By yusra Updated 8 May 2013 , 1:28am by yusra

yusra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yusra Posted 7 May 2013 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 4

AHey everyone! It is my first time baking a book cake . I am making the cover black by chocopan fondant so how can I write or paint golden alphabets on it. I have gold luster dust but don't know that would it be visible on black fondant or not . Please help me :-( Thank you

3 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 7 May 2013 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 4

http://www.shopinthekitchen.com/store/product/592/CK-Products-Gold-Highlighter-for-Decorating-Purposes-Only/  You can buy real gold leaf, and do it that way, or this, which mixes up like your luster dust. Make a thickish paste with the vodka (or whatever), and gently paint it on. This will give you a real gold effect. I would tell your client to slice that part away before serving, as it's not edible. Non toxic, but truly not food.

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 7 May 2013 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 4

I recently did a  Bible cake and I used the patchwork cutters alphabet set. I pressed each letter shape into the fondant just like embossing .( you need a steady hand to keep row of words even and not press too hard) I let it harden a bit and then used gold lustre dust with vodka and painted on with a thin brush. I did it on  tan coloured fondant and it came out great.

yusra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yusra Posted 8 May 2013 , 1:28am
post #4 of 4

AThank you so much for your help. I am definitely going to buy the gold highlighter and I have that FMM patchwork alphabet set , never used it before though. I will try to use it this time. :-) You guys are life savers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%