New Girl On The Block!!

Lounge By girlisrad Updated 8 May 2013 , 11:09pm by girlisrad

girlisrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girlisrad Posted 6 May 2013 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! I am a noob around here! This site saved my tush this last week... so I thought I would introduce myself!!  I am a SAHM of 3 boys, and a (very recent) ex-cake decorator for a well known place with a poor reputation. I had no experience other than piddling in my kitchen, so when I was hired on with that title I took it to heart and learned all I could. I LOVED the decorating part of it, but the rest of the job was less than favorable. So, I quit. Not 3 days later, I had a friend calling me in a panic begging me to go "back to work!" because her daughter needed her birthday cake! Santa brought me a full Wilton decorating kit, and I KNEW I had the know-how.. so I offered to make it at home for her. I  had actually never been deemed "worthy" to make a 2 tier at work, but I busted my tail and made a fully from scratch 3 tier marble/buttercream for her! That was 3 days ago. I have 3 more orders as of today, and another potential order for next weekend!!  Like it or not? I think I am in the cake business! Even if it is just for closer friends and family (for now!)  

So, this site absolutely saved my life. I made a 3 tier cake every day of the week last week up until Saturday!  I tried several recipes and variations and thanks to the INSANE amount of knowledge and amazing advice here the cake was an absolute knock-out success!!!  Now i know how LITTLE I know about the world of cake and I am just beyond excited to make this more than just a job! 

Looking forward to getting to know you!  Thanks again, everyone for all this amazing help! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
craft symphony Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craft symphony Posted 7 May 2013 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 4

AI'm kinda new here too and I wish you all the best!

girlisrad Posted 8 May 2013 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 4

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3002642/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

The customer only wanted buttercream... And asked it be funky chunky. It was for a 10 year old girl. The letters and stars and flowers were all scrap paper because I have NO experience with sugars

girlisrad Posted 8 May 2013 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 4

AAnd yes there are many errors lol! I own that upfront

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%