Buda And Elephant Cake Pitty Party

Decorating By SugarExplosion Updated 5 May 2013 , 8:53pm by DeliciousDesserts

SugarExplosion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarExplosion Posted 5 May 2013 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

Ok so I had someone ask me to make a Buda and Elephant engagement cake. It’s set for the day after my birthday. NOW this is far above my skill leave. I today her to let me think on it and I’ll let her know in a few days. However I already know the answer, it’s “No, I will not be able to do it.” I would love to because it’s for a good friend of mine how’s like a sister to me but I’m not putting my name on something I don’t feel comfortable doing. I’m have tempted to tell her to call Cake Boss or Amazing Cakes. LOL I hate saying I can’t do something but I know my limitations and this is it.

I’m just venting..

Thanks!

DeeDee

3 replies
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 5 May 2013 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 4

AYou know, I give you credit for knowing your limitations :) It's hard to tell someone you can't or don't know how to do something. Just be honest about it. You said she is a good friend, so she should appreciate that you know you cannot produce this fabulous cake and will not give her something less than stellar.

SugarExplosion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarExplosion Posted 5 May 2013 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Pam!

Thanks for the kind words... Man I just noticed all the misspelled words in my first post. icon_surprised.gif Sorry guys, I didn't proof read it before I clicked send.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 5 May 2013 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 4

ASo agree!

Original message sent by IAmPamCakes

You know, I give you credit for [B]knowing your limitations [/B]:) It's hard to tell someone you can't or don't know how to do something. [B]Just be honest about it.[/B] You said she is a good friend, so she should appreciate that you know you cannot produce this fabulous cake and will not give her something less than stellar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%