Having Problems With Fat Daddio Professional Leveller

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 6 May 2013 , 5:10pm by GSkipper

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 5 May 2013 , 4:46am
post #1 of 3

So I bought Fat Daddio's 20" Professional leveller as an upgrade from the Wilton "saw" leveller which messed up every single one of my cakes. Imagine a leveller could make a cake look worse that it came out of the oven. Had slanted and uneven cakes.

The good news is this new Fat Daddio leveller I got was an affordable step-up from the Wilton "saw" but I have been having problems adjusting the height of the blade.

There are screws on either side that move up and down in a separate motion to the screw on the other side of the leveller which is giving rise to my problem.

My eye cannot scientifically achieve with exact precision the desired height on either side by moving the screws up and down.

Is anyone else having this problem? I love Fat Daddio products especially their pans so I know there must be a way around this because they are a good brand.

Anyone out there can help and has success using it?

2 replies
GSkipper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GSkipper Posted 6 May 2013 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 3

We've heard from many folks that use the engraved numbers (cm) to help with alignment. Use either the blade or blade mounts as your location reference. 

Currently the numbers are only located on one side of the leveler. There may be plans to stamp them on both sides if the feedback we get is positive.

Greg

GSkipper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GSkipper Posted 6 May 2013 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 3

Here are both sides for reference. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%