Cupcake Tree Stand For A Wedding - Review

Decorating By Pearl645

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 5 May 2013 , 4:33am
post #1 of 1

So I finally got to use Cupcaketree.com's large square cupcake stands today! It's been years since I've been visiting their website hoping to one day use their stands. It was quite easy to set up and looked great once the cake and cupcakes went on. On it's on it is a very plain white cardboard stand. Luckily it was decorated with fabric and diamante trim on ends.

The learning experience with this was that the cardboard base pieces were not strong enough to support an 8" red velvet 5.5"H cake with 3 initials cake toppers, flowers and 165 cupcakes.

Fortunately, someone sat down and alerted me that the cardboard pieces under the stand were bending at a 45 degree angle and the entire stand would have collapsed if I left the venue at that point.

We pushed 2 small coffee cups under each section of the stand to support the weight on everything on top which worked. I think we used a total of 16 demi size coffee cups for this stand.

I'm not sure if others do this. I didn't know that the stand wasn't built to support a cake and cupcakes plus flowers. I believe the cake weighed it down a lot because their website is full of photos with a cake on top and cupcakes below with flowers.

If you do buy the large square cupcake tree you will need support pieces under each corner especially if you have a heavy cake on top.

HTH

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%