Help!! Air Bubbles In My Butter Cream?

Decorating By SugarExplosion Updated 5 May 2013 , 5:28pm by SugarExplosion

SugarExplosion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarExplosion Posted 4 May 2013 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 7

AWhy do I have air bubbles in my butter cream? And how do I get them out? Also I saw an air on the cake the morning after I frosted it... What is that about? This is new to me.

Deedee

6 replies
LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 4 May 2013 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 7

I have read on here that air bubbles are most likely to be caused by being a bit too vigorous in your beating, or not having enough in your mixer bowl.  Suggestions I have heard are to try slowly beating your buttercream until the air bubbles are worked out, and also making sure that when you make it, you make enough to cover the whole of the beater while mixing.

Hope this helps, and I'm sure more experienced folks will chime in :-)

SugarExplosion Posted 4 May 2013 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 7

AThanks for the suggestion!! I'll Test that theory

I make my butter cream.

DeeDee

sweettooth101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth101 Posted 4 May 2013 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 7

LizzieAylett is right, if you put the buttercream in the bowl and as long as the beater is totally immersed in the cream it will whip smooth and no bubbles. I also read somewhere that if run the cream in a food processor it will smoothen out but i have not tested out this theory.

MELROSE315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MELROSE315 Posted 4 May 2013 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 7

AHi. Make sure you are using the paddle and not the whip attachment in your mixer.. The whip adds air. I learned this the hard way :) good luck.

KarenK55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenK55 Posted 4 May 2013 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 7

As Melrose315 states to use the paddle and not the whipper attachment.  Or you can also use your plastice spactula and slowly turn over the buttercream.  This assisted me quite a bit in the beginner until I bought myself the paddle attachment. This is all great learning experience although frustrating at times.  Hang in there. thumbs_up.gif

SugarExplosion Posted 5 May 2013 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 7

AThanks Ladies!!! This was the first time it has ever happen to me but now I know what to do next time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%