Need Middle School Career Day Ideas

Lounge By bethasd Updated 3 May 2013 , 10:02pm by mcaulir

bethasd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethasd Posted 3 May 2013 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 3

Help! I agreed to be a presenter for Career Day at my son's middle school. I did it last year and thought I was incredible boring. I reviewed the basics of business plans & how to get your kitchen licensed & in the last 10 minutes the kids made cake push-up pops. I want to do a better job this year, make it more FUN! I have 3 session - 45 minutes, 20 kids each. Needs to have an interactive component. Would love some suggestions! THANKS!

2 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 3 May 2013 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 3

You could teach them how to make an easy fondant flower. Maybe make your own powerpoint tutorial or video and show them how to do it. If the school has a projection camera you can show it to them step by step that way. Then hand out some fondant and have them try it. 

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 3 May 2013 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 3

Show them how often you have to wash your hands!

Sorry, you were looking for fun.

What are the roses called where you use three fondant circles and roll them up? Incredibly easy, but they look quite good, and you could have all the fondant circles cut out beforehand to save time.

Have a stack of mini cupcakes, and shwo them how to do a swirl of icing - let them swirl a couple of cupcakes and put their roses on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%