Edible Image Printers

Decorating By SammieCakes27

SammieCakes27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieCakes27 Posted 1 May 2013 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 1

I'm in the market for a printer for edible ink and I've been doing a lot of reading and researching.  It seems that Canon printers are the best for this type of ink and Icing Images sells the best paper/ink.  My problem is I can't find a printer under $100.  I'm happy to make the investment and plan to use the printer often, however I have zero experience with edible images and I am not exactly tech savvy.  If I can find a cheap-basic printer that I can first play around with to get comfortable with the process, that'd be ideal.

I've searched around the standard sites like Ebay and Amazon but can't seem to find anything suitable.  Used printers have all been used previously with ink and new printers are all more than I feel comfortable paying without any experience.  I've read a lot of posts about buying printers for under $40 used and new.  Where did you find them!?!?  Any cheap printers I've found don't seem to be compatible with the ink cartridges offered on Icing Images, KopyKake, etc.  

Any input/advice would be much appreciated!  I know I can always outsource the printing, but it's a service I'd really like to add to my repertoire.  I have to do some custom printing work for a cake series for an event next month and am hoping to be a pro by then with edible images! 

Thanks!  icon_biggrin.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%