What To Charge For Vw Bus?

Business By SweetEllieCakes Updated 18 May 2013 , 1:48pm by costumeczar

SweetEllieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetEllieCakes Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 4:46am
post #1 of 5

Hi all, I've been making cakes for a few years but don't typically do carved cakes so I'm at a loss as to what to charge for a cake like this.  I wouldn't normally do this kind of cake but it's for a friend of my husbands!  What would you charge?  I'm thinking it will be approx 9"x4". Thanks for your help!

4 replies
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 7:03am
post #2 of 5

The one Imade twice as long as I thoug it would, so make sure you charge a lot for labour. I didn't charge for mine, so i can't really be too much help, but I know that that cake looks deceptively simple!

chellz7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellz7 Posted 18 May 2013 , 5:17am
post #3 of 5

Hi!

Im new here. Im looking to make a similar cake for my friends birthday. I'm good at making basic cakes but never tried anything like this. I plan on using marshmallow fondant and probably having a lime/coconut flavour,or white choc. Does anyone have some a basic recipe that works well with MMF and instructions on how to carve a VW kombi van?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 18 May 2013 , 11:12am
post #4 of 5

I used white chocolate mudcake for mine - any recipe you google would work fine.

I printed out a front and side view of a van. I stacked the cakes into a big rectangular block, then laid the front and side veiws on the sides of the cake and carved away what was needed.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 May 2013 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 5

I have a $175 minimum for any 3-D cake, and that would probably fit in there, so $175-200. If it was going to be larger or have more internal structure to it it would be more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%