Help With Fondan

Decorating By neida Updated 30 Apr 2013 , 4:04am by TheLoveOfSugar

neida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neida Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 4

Ahi im newbie in decorations cake with fondant ,I already made over 15 cake in fondant but yesterday I made everything same my mmf and use the sams club buttercream ,always was ok but yesterday wasn't glue to the cake and on the side looked like balloon and the other tier the fondant was stretch and have cut out and cut out can someone help me please,sorry don't speak english,thanks in advance

3 replies
TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 2:58am
post #2 of 4

AIs the weather different than it usually is? Humidity can effect the fondant. It's possible you rolled it just a little too thin? I'm still trying to master decorating with fondant so I could be wrong. I have been told by several people that they take a needle and poke into the cake (at an angle so you can't see the hole) which will let the air out as the cake settles and not bubble up. Good luck!

neida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neida Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 3:17am
post #3 of 4

Athelovesugar thank you very much I really appreciate your answer because the weather time here is bad was raining all weekend maybe was for that when I see the side balloon im only come to my mind the needle and poke into the side and was better but don look really nice hope don't happen again because drive me crazy thanks again for you help

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 4:04am
post #4 of 4

AYep, the rain will do it!! I'm going to start making it a habit to put just a couple pin holes in all my fondant cakes from now on to avoid the dreaded bulge!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%