Cream Cheese Rosette Cake

Decorating By sweetdelightsnj Updated 29 Apr 2013 , 6:28pm by CasperCakeCreations

sweetdelightsnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdelightsnj Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 1:58am
post #1 of 5

Hi!  I'm new to Cake Central and I'm hoping someone can help me.  I am making a red velvet cake for a friend this coming Saturday...naturally she wants cream cheese frosting.  The cake design however will be the rosette style that is seen everywhere these days.  I find that cream cheese frosting may be a little too soft to hold up the rosettes on the side of the cake...anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance :)

Jessica

4 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 2:02am
post #2 of 5

My suggestion would be to use cream cheese frosting filling, and do the rosettes in a stable buttercream. Whatever you do, remember that real cream cheese is a perishable product and you will need to keep the cake refrigerated.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 2:25am
post #3 of 5

There are cream cheese frostings that are shelf stable.  You should crumb coat the cake first with cream cheese frosting so that the flowers will "stick" to the sides, otherwise, they might fall down.

sweetdelightsnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdelightsnj Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you both for the suggestions!  icon_smile.gif

CasperCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CasperCakeCreations Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 5

AEarlene's Butter Cream recipe has cream cheese and high ratio shortening, it works well; however, I use cream cheese and butter and add extra powdered sugar to get the consistancy needed for the roses to hold their shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%