Sos: Cake Broke Into 3 Pieces, Due Tomorrow Morning!

Decorating By allycrumbs Updated 24 May 2013 , 12:17am by Rommy

BakerBee7468 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 10:03pm
post #31 of 46

AThat's cute. You and I are the same in that. I haven't been completely happy with my work either. Candy melts are readily available to me at this time although I haven't needed to buy any so I'm not sure how much they cost anymore. As far as coloring my own I'll need to find a natural food color to my liking

BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 10:03pm
post #32 of 46

AThat's cute. You and I are the same in that. I haven't been completely happy with my work either. Candy melts are readily available to me at this time although I haven't needed to buy any so I'm not sure how much they cost anymore. As far as coloring my own I'll need to find a natural food color to my liking

BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 10:04pm
post #33 of 46

BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 10:05pm
post #34 of 46

BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 10:08pm
post #35 of 46

BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 10:58pm
post #36 of 46

BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 10:59pm
post #37 of 46

BakerBee7468 Posted 14 May 2013 , 11:01pm
post #38 of 46

ASorry don't know why it showed up so many times

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 16 May 2013 , 10:48am
post #39 of 46

Baker Bee, made me lol that it happened in the Cake Disaster Forum, it's like your computer knew what forum you were in.

TheLoveOfSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheLoveOfSugar Posted 16 May 2013 , 3:43pm
post #40 of 46

AI love it, it's cute. I ran short on time due to a last minute cake order so I never got around to making the candy liner. I'm hoping to have time to try that this week just for fun though. I'll post a pic of mine but begrudgingly because its not my best work. I tried out Edna De La Cruz's buttercream recipe, and while it was delicious it's not the best to pipe with, so my basket looks a little rough! Lol also, It didn't make enough icing and I ran out of red for my roses.

Then disaster struck when I cut into the cake later at my moms house and the middle wasn't all the way cooked. Stupid cupcake mold! I made two first one burnt and the second one (which I put in a water bath) was raw! Figures. I have the rubber mold...which one do y'all use? I didn't go with the metal pan because I kept reading that the sides had to be baked a different times and that seemed like more work than necessary!

TheLoveOfSugar Posted 16 May 2013 , 3:45pm
post #41 of 46

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3009068/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Oops, the picture didn't upload the first time! How do y'all get it to be an actual picture and not a link?

TheLoveOfSugar Posted 16 May 2013 , 3:45pm
post #42 of 46

AUmm. Oh just kidding! I looked like it was just the link as I was typing.

Carry on... Don't mind me over here! Lol

allycrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allycrumbs Posted 17 May 2013 , 5:42am
post #43 of 46

A

Original message sent by TheLoveOfSugar

Umm. Oh just kidding! I looked like it was just the link as I was typing.

Carry on... Don't mind me over here! Lol

Haha, you're funny! I like your cake.. I wouldn't have thought of doing a basket weave on it (assuming, of course, that i know how to, haha). And oh, that lovely red rose that's front and centre!

I have the silicone one, and had trouble baking my cake in it as well! I made a buttermilk pound cake (used the same recipe numerous times before), and for some strange reason after about an hour the top half was still liquid in the middle, while the bottom half was baked through. I don't quite understand why, as the top half should've taken less time. It was my first time using the mold, so am curious to see what happens with a different recipe.

wangll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wangll Posted 18 May 2013 , 8:34am
post #44 of 46

Then disaster struck when I cut into the cake later at my moms house and the middle wasn't all the way cooked. Stupid cupcake mold! I made two first one burnt and the second one (which I put in a water bath) was raw! Figures. I have the rubber mold...which one do y'all use? I didn't go with the metal pan because I kept reading that the sides had to be baked a different times and that seemed like more work than necessary!

http://www.topdiablo3.com/    
http://www.okdiablo3.com/
http://www.okdofus.fr/        

BakerBee7468 Posted 18 May 2013 , 10:36pm
post #45 of 46

A

Original message sent by 810whitechoc

Baker Bee, made me lol that it happened in the Cake Disaster Forum, it's like your computer knew what forum you were in.

Lol, that's funny. I think there may have been a malfunction in the posting ha

Rommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rommy Posted 24 May 2013 , 12:17am
post #46 of 46

AAllycrumbs, The cupcake liner liiks great, but we are our own worse critics! If colored candy melts are not readily available, maybe you should try online ordering. I prefer Merckens or Giuttard. I tried coloring white chocolate - blue, and never got it smooth and "flowy", it too, became a big blob. I don't think coloring works for large batches.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%