Ok I'm Annoyed..... Nfsc Keeps Sticking, And Then My Shapes Fall Apart Before I Can Pick Up !!

Decorating By iCookiBake Updated 27 Apr 2013 , 5:54pm by iCookiBake

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 4

I am in the process of making cookies.. used the No-Fail sugar cookie recipe from here on CC. I refrigerated it last night and took it out to use today, read some tips about microwaving for 15 seconds if it's too hard. Everytime I would roll it out it sticks to the pin, so then tried rolling it between sheets of parchment paper. That worked, but now they are sticking to the parchment paper when I try to pick them up and losing their shapes! grrr now I have flour on my keyboard

3 replies
iCookiBake Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 4

Ok I seem to post these threads when I'm in the midst of frustration (read: 2yo temper tantrum) then I go back with some patience and figure it out. I was rolling them a tad too thin. Rolled them a little thicker and they are able to be picked up with no issues.

But of course I just had to knock over the container of sugar .. now my dog will be hyper since he licked some of it up. icon_lol.gif Some days I think I'm too clumsy for the kitchen... And impatient.  Yes definitely that.

Baking Sis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Sis Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 4

Glad to hear you were able to get it all figured out...always seems to be a bigger job when things don't go smoothly.  Hope your dog is not trying to help you with those cookies! icon_biggrin.gif

iCookiBake Posted 27 Apr 2013 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 4

Haha no he didn't get any more sweets after that! And I successfully finished the cookies, and posted pics! =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%