Help!! Open Book Cake For Memorial

Decorating By auntsteff Updated 24 Apr 2013 , 6:30pm by LizzieAylett

auntsteff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsteff Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 2

I have been asked by my family to do an open book cake in buttercream for my uncle's memorial service, which is also a family reunion (he was planning the reunion when he passed).  I have absolutely no idea what to put on the "pages" of the book.  I am using the Wilton open book pan, as this is the pan he had selected for me to make a cake for the reunion.

He was not a religious man, so Bible quotes are out.  He wasn't much of a reader, so no book quotes come to mind.  He was a very sarcastic person, but that seems inappropriate for a memorial

ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated at this point, as I have to make this cake for Saturday, April 27.

1 reply
LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 2

I'm sorry for your loss.

Perhaps you could write out little anecdotes about his life collected from family members?  Or if you don't have enough space for that, how about a time-line listing major life events (birth, school, work, marriage, etc)?

Or else just along the lines of "In loving memory of ______.  He will be missed but his life brought joy to many." Or suchlike?

Hope you get it sorted out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%