Kitchen For Rent In Mn

Business By britbrit4 Updated 13 Apr 2016 , 10:02am by Coreisi

britbrit4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
britbrit4 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 21

Hi, I am a determined baker venturing into a cupcake business. I have my brand and logo all created but hit a road bump when I realized how strict MN food laws are. In order to advertise and sell my cupcakes I need a commercial or inspector approved kitchen to bake in!  Looking for any advice from fellow MN bakers who have came across this dilemma... I would be interested in finding a kitchen for rent but there does not seem to be much available. I currently bake in the Minneapolis area. If anyone in MN has any suggestions or can help I would greatly appreciate it!

20 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 21

AHere are a few rental options in your area: http://www.culinaryincubator.com/maps.php?state=MN

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 21

There is a newly opened incubator kitchen in the Minnespolis area. Just google incubator kitchens Minneapolis and it should pop up.

I have also found commercial kitchens for rent on craigslist....granted few and far in between, but there.

Good Luck. I remember how hard this was when I first opened. Remember to sign the petition for the cottage food law for MN that's circulating

britbrit4 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 21

yes, I have looked into Kindred Kitchen briefly... I have also tried Craigslist. I did not know about the petition; I will definitely take a look! Thank you for your replies. It is such a bummer that Minnesota's regulations for this sort of thing are so difficult.

@mnsnow Did you end up finding a kitchen before you were able to open your own?

MnSnow Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 21

Yes I did. I still rent from the kitchen. I hope to open a store front soon....I found a perfect place with VERY reasonable rent. Now to look at the build out...

britbrit4 Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 21

AMay I ask where the place is and how you found it? I feel I am going to have to get very creative in finding a space...

MnSnow Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 21

It's in Milaca--- quite a distance from you :)

I actually found it through another caker. She was moving out of the area and passed it on to me :)

Contact churches, day care centers, American Leigons, anywhere that may have a commercial kitchen. You will probably find one in the least likely place.

sbedgood2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbedgood2002 Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 2:28pm
post #8 of 21

Have you found a place to rent yet?

If not, and you're still interested, please contact me, I have some space available to rent in Osseo (between Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove).

therealmrsriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therealmrsriley Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 21

@ sbedgood2002 I'm also in the Twin Cities area, in the exact spot where you have space for rent. I'm currently licensed for a different kitchen but next year may consider changing locations. Can I message you for more details about the space you have available?

sbedgood2002 Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 6:21pm
post #10 of 21

Sure thing. I'm not tech savy, so you'll have to let me know how to message or if you prefer to email, that would be great too.

therealmrsriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therealmrsriley Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 7:00pm
post #11 of 21

Ok I just sent you a PM, hopefully you get it! :)

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 7:02pm
post #12 of 21

Go out to Facebook on the MN Cottage Food Law page and like and get the petition links there.  We need to get this passed this year!

areinsbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
areinsbach Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 1:54am
post #13 of 21

I have been looking for a space to rent and live in the twin cities, MN area. I have been looking for two years with no luck! :( I have been working with a few other ladies and trying to get this MN Cottage Food Law Passed! Everyone, please check out the MN Cottage Food Law Page for more information! Thanks! https://www.facebook.com/pages/MN-Cottage-Food-Law/208021329240966

mtushevski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtushevski Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 3:36pm
post #14 of 21

Hi, My husband and I are in the process of opening our own bakery. We have also had little luck in finding a building to rent that has previously been used as a commercial kitchen. Do you still have a location available? 

kountrygirl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kountrygirl1 Posted 13 May 2014 , 2:55pm
post #15 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbedgood2002 

Sure thing. I'm not tech savy, so you'll have to let me know how to message or if you prefer to email, that would be great too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbedgood2002 

Sure thing. I'm not tech savy, so you'll have to let me know how to message or if you prefer to email, that would be great too.H

Hi my name is Jenneh Matthews and I am interested in renting from you kitchen. Please call me on 6512852891 or email me on [email protected] Thanks

playin in dough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playin in dough Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 10:42pm
post #16 of 21

Do you still have your kitchen for rent? We are looking to rent one close by 694 and 81 if possible

playin in dough Posted 24 Jan 2015 , 10:44pm
post #17 of 21

Hi, do you still have a kitchen for rent?

sbedgood2002 Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 12:47pm
post #18 of 21

Good Morning!

Yes I do.

Tell me about yourself, what you do, and what you are looking for.

Thanks for the interest,

Steven B.

playin in dough Posted 25 Jan 2015 , 2:50pm
post #19 of 21

Hi, do you still have a kitchen for rent?

I am doing some legwork for my wife. We had a bakery in Wayzata a number of years ago and sort of gathered a following for her bread and cookies.

She has developed some cookie and bread mixes that she is selling and is in the process of negotiations with a local grocery chain to carry her mixes.

Now she is using a restaurant kitchen but there are limited hours before 10:00 am when she can work there since it is a restaurant and they need their kitchen for business and it is in Tonka Bay so it's a drive, We live in Brooklyn Park and would like to find a place closer where she can use the facilities more often and when more convenient. I have a job and would like to be able to help her out more on this venture but my hours and the kitchen she works out of do not match up.

We also are vendors at one of the stores in Anoka and go past Osseo several times a week already so something in that direction would actually work better for us.

As of now she basically needs NSA work tables and sinks in an NSA environment but a stove or oven might be useful for further development but not needed right now.

HeidiatGrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiatGrace Posted 3 Apr 2015 , 2:28am
post #20 of 21

We are a licensed kitchen located in NE Mpls.

If you'd like to stop by and tour, we'd love to share!

www.Gracectr.org     [email protected]

Coreisi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coreisi Posted 13 Apr 2016 , 10:02am
post #21 of 21

Quote by @sbedgood2002 on 20 Aug 2013 , 9:28am

Have you found a place to rent yet?

If not, and you're still interested, please contact me, I have some space available to rent in Osseo (between Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove).

Hello I am in need of kitchen rental please contact me ASAP  [email protected] or 6123239025

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%