Including Various Themed In One Cake

Decorating By ClareBear66 Updated 29 Apr 2013 , 12:30pm by ClareBear66

ClareBear66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClareBear66 Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 11:34am
post #1 of 4

Hi All

I have just came from a consultation with a bride for a wedding cake in July

She is wanting what every bride wants, something elegant but different and has given me a list of things to include in the cake  and I am finding it impossible to include them all without it looking tacky and overdone

Can anyone offer me some advise - I have suggested a 4 tier circle cake with a handpainted countryside landscape and figurines of each of her children on each tier with her & her husband on top and to include little fondant decorations to represent their hobies (ie rugby ball, shopping bags, wine, cricket etc)

I am at a total loss, I tried to persuade her to minimise what she would like to include & pick a few main hobbies but she has her heart set on including everything

Any advice would be so helpful

She would like to include

Their new countryside living & home

Their 3 children

Her & her husband to be

their loves & hobbies - wine, cricket, shopping, hunting, haribo sweets, their new range rover jeep

Thanks in advance

Clare

3 replies
mariets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariets Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 4

I have no advice, but the word elegant isn't the first word that springs to mind when I read her requests.

jani2316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jani2316 Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 4

I would suggest to make a drawing of everything she wants on the cake, so she can see how unappealing it will look and not elegant at all.

ClareBear66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClareBear66 Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 12:30pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys

This cake description isnt my idea of elegant, I will try and give her a sketch visual and see if it illustrates my worry further

Thanks

Clare x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%