Liability Insurance Inquiry: Please Help :)

Business By cakediva032 Updated 30 Apr 2013 , 2:01am by cakediva032

cakediva032 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva032 Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 1:56am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,


I am new to the business, baking has been only a hobby until very recently.


I have applied for my liabiliity insurance already and policy is ready. I had originally

used my home address for the policy. Is this still correct in the event that I will start baking in

an establishment's commercial kitchen that I work in? I will bake for the Farmers Market.


I just need insurance to cover my product in the event that someone would become ill.


Thank you, I appreciate your help!!!!!   :)

4 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 12:02pm
post #2 of 5

CC members can only offer an opinion. Your question should be directed to your insurance agent; if you ever did get sued for anything, a wrong answer could put your coverage in jeopardy.    

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 5

AGenerally if you purchase a business liability policy it will only cover commercial activity taking place at a specific address, so you will need to contact the insurance company and update your policy with the new address, and also let them know that you will be selling at the farmer's market.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 1:42am
post #4 of 5

AMy local farmers market requires that they are covered by any sellers policy, check with them and your agent.

cakediva032 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva032 Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 2:01am
post #5 of 5

AThank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%