5 Layer Cake

Baking By sachishah Updated 23 Apr 2013 , 9:06am by Pickulz

sachishah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sachishah Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 9:52am
post #1 of 7

I want to make 5 layer cake. But it's very difficult to make it. What are the basic rules we have to keep in mind for making this beautiful layer cake?

6 replies
Pearl123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl123 Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 11:17am
post #2 of 7

Just to be clear - do you mean 5-tiered cake or a single tier that has 5 layers?

Your question is rather vague, perhaps ask for specific areas that you need help with.

Or use Google.

sachishah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sachishah Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 11:44am
post #3 of 7

a single tier that has 5 layers

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 7

A five layer cake shouldn't be that difficult with a little advance planning.  I very commonly make 4 layers of cake with 3 layers of filling.   How tall do you want the final cake to be?  Remember to allow for 4 layers of filling when calculating.  A five layer cake could get very tall very fast.  That makes it a lot harder to cut and serve unless a tall cake is the look you want.  The most important thing will be accurately leveling and torting your layers.  Make sure they are perfectly level, and check as you stack each layer on the cake that it is level before adding the next layer so it doesn't get lopsided.  There are a number of discussions about leveling cakes here on CC.  If you have or can get an Agbay, then leveling and torting is easy.  

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 7

A five layer cake shouldn't be that difficult with a little advance planning.  I very commonly make 4 layers of cake with 3 layers of filling.   How tall do you want the final cake to be?  Remember to allow for 4 layers of filling when calculating.  A five layer cake could get very tall very fast.  That makes it a lot harder to cut and serve unless a tall cake is the look you want.  The most important thing will be accurately leveling and torting your layers.  Make sure they are perfectly level, and check as you stack each layer on the cake that it is level before adding the next layer so it doesn't get lopsided.  There are a number of discussions about leveling cakes here on CC.  If you have or can get an Agbay, then leveling and torting is easy.  

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 7

With the tall tier, keep mind how that cake can be served.  Most cake plates aren't that big.  You will probably need to put a separate cardboard and support system within that 5 cake tier.

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 23 Apr 2013 , 9:06am
post #7 of 7

Ive seen some rainbow layered cakes that are 6 layers...(infact I was planning to do one too)....I havent seen supports in those..but I guess its good to have for stability.

I guess it also depends on how tall each layer will be...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%