Is It Safe To Pay Gsa Online With Credit Card??

Business By Suuske Updated 4 May 2013 , 5:43am by DwaneD

Suuske Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suuske Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 16

Hi Guys,

I don't often order cross border, but this time I need some stuff that I only can find with GSA at the moment.

I know that end of last year there have been a lot of issues with the credit card payments and fraud with customers who purchased online with GSA and paid with their CC.

Before I order ... is it safe to pay with CC already or is it just better to be safe than sorry and go through Paypal?

Thanks!!

15 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 16

AI think they still only accept Paypal. But to be sure, just use Paypal, it doesn't cost you any extra.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 16

AI haven't recently heard anything about GSA but I would still be safe than sorry and for sure use PayPal. Better safe than sorry.

Suuske Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 16

Thanks!! I just ordered through Paypal!

thumbs_up.gif

kazita Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 16

A

Original message sent by Suuske

Thanks!! I just ordered through Paypal!

;-D

Did you order everything that I want too? Hehe ;)

Suuske Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 16

A

Original message sent by kazita

Did you order everything that I want too? Hehe ;)

Probably ... I always get greedy when I shop there :D... Unfortunately they don't ship everything internationally.

kazita Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 16

A

Probably ... I always get greedy when I shop there :D... Unfortunately they don't ship everything internationally.

Well I live in the US so you can buy me one of everything and have it shipped to me... Hehe.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 1:51am
post #8 of 16

I purchased and paid with a CC recently.  No, problems.

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:53am
post #9 of 16

A

Original message sent by LKing12

I purchased and paid with a CC recently.  No, problems.

There have been people who buy something using cc and months later have charges on there cc and they haven't bought anything from GSA again but have charges on the there cc.

Suuske Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:24am
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazita 

Well I live in the US so you can buy me one of everything and have it shipped to me...
Hehe.

hehehehe - sorry ... my bank account barely can support my shopping sprees icon_biggrin.gif

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:39am
post #11 of 16

A

hehehehe - sorry ... my bank account barely can support my shopping sprees :D

Darn!! Is was worth a try.

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 1:30pm
post #12 of 16

AI was one of those people who had issues with my card number being compromised in the past. I have ordered twice since then. Once using PayPal and most recently using a credit card... I can say I'm totally happy with their service and new online ordering security. Love GSA and will definately continue to order from them. Hope this helps :-)

tracyaem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracyaem Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 1:41pm
post #13 of 16

I had my card compromised twice from GSA orders. That said, I have ordered from them a few times since but will only use Paypal. And I now have a separate credit card for the business, so it's very easy to see if anything is amiss. I was really annoyed with the situation when it went down, but they have a huge selection, decent prices, and super-quick shipping. So I'm taking the risk and crossing my fingers.

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:14pm
post #14 of 16

AI myself have never ordered from GSA I just happened to be around when a few people were having problems with charges being put on there cc when they hadn't ordered anything, GSA must be a really good site because people who have had problems said they would order from the again they just said that they would use PAYPAL from now on. SO HAPPY SHOPPING.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:11pm
post #15 of 16

If there's a paypal option ALWAYS use it. This is from someone who's had her credit card number stolen five times because I have to shop online for all my supplies.

DwaneD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DwaneD Posted 4 May 2013 , 5:43am
post #16 of 16

We really have to keep our card secured.!While secured charge cards could be expensive, there are situations where they could be quite helpful. Rebuilding your credit is the primary reason. Here are a few of the secured charge cards for just that scenario. Pay for your next purchase with a personal finance if you need some extra help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%