Help With Fondant

Decorating By cdrcakes Updated 6 May 2013 , 12:22am by bigdad

cdrcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdrcakes Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 4

AHi my name is Chelsea and I am new to cake baking. I started by doing lots if research then making cakes and taking them to work. They were such a hit that everyone is ordering from me now. In struggling with the decorating part. I can't get my marshmallow fondant right. It's either too dry and cracking or too soft an wont form. : ( I'm so frustrated and afraid I'm going to let everyone down that has placed their order. Any advice for a rookie?

3 replies
ShannonDavie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShannonDavie Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 4

MMF can be tricky to work with! I use MMF as well but never have problems with it because of the recipe I use. Liz Marek from Artisan Cake Company has a great recipe with tutorial that I love. I recommend giving it a try if you want to continue using MMF. Good luck!

argrjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
argrjo Posted 5 May 2013 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 4

iH there,  i know how frustrating it can be, been there so many times but i got the hang of it .  i use marshmellow, water, corn syrup and if any color is needed add that too, after everything is melted and  mixed together i transfer the melted mixture into the bowl of powderd sugar and mix it until becomes a non stick dough. i take it out of the bowl and start knitting until its soft enough to roll. let it rest overnight and u can use it the next day.  hope it helpsicon_smile.gif

bigdad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigdad Posted 6 May 2013 , 12:22am
post #4 of 4

will have to give this a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%